Saturday, December 8, 2007

SOULJA BOY DANCE


added on April 22, 2007
...1 month after the song was originally recorded
Views: 6,390,852
Posted by:
Rastabwoy, who says he's 18 and from the Cayman Islands (which I first read as caveman islands, and then realized that I'm just a racist)


Soulja Boy
from Wikipedia

"DeAndre Cortez Way (born July 28, 1990 in Chicago, Illinois), better known by his stage name Soulja Boy Tell 'Em, or simply Soulja Boy, is an American rapper. In September 2007, his single "Crank That (Soulja Boy)" reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100. He produced his whole album Souljaboytellem.com using just the demo version of FL Studio."

"In November 2005 Soulja Boy, along with another rapper "Arab" posts his songs on the music-based social community SoundClick. Following positive reviews on SoundClick, Soulja Boy opens a YouTube account on January 13, 2006 so "... people can put your face to the things you spitting." The following month Soulja expanded onto MySpace to increase his fan base. A year later in March 2007 he would record "Crank That" and release his first independent album Unsigned and Sill Major. On April 11th a low budget video is filmed demonstrating the "Soulja Boy" dance. By the end of May 2007 "Crank That" receives its first air play and Soulja Boy meets with Mr. Collipark to sign a deal with Interscope Records. August 12, 2007, the song appears on the Emmy-award winning HBO series Entourage and by September 1st it has broken into the top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100 and tops the Billboard Hot RingMasters chart."

That's right, he's 17. And he recorded his "hit" song in March, by himself, probably alone in his room, on his computer using demo software. This past March, that's 8 months ago, and he was unsigned with a Myspace account. He wasn't even signed until May. In September his song his NUMBER ONE on the Billboard top 100. 4 months, Youtube and Myspace.


Instructional video
Added: August 02, 2007
Views: 21,071,792

it's funny that he says "you know what I'm saying" so many times, because really I usually don't know what he's saying. Damn caveman islands. It's also funny that they're filming this in a pool, and he has THE NUMBER ONE SINGLE ON THE BILLBOARD CHARTS. Almost as ridiculous as his accent.

I'd also like to note that you may want to take a nice, long break in between viewings of any video containing "Crank That," because you will end up saying "youuuuuu" everytime you try to speak to someone, and it gets embarrassing. I also have really wanted a super soaker all day .



----------------------------------------
*SIDE NOTE

Questionable Super Soaker Product

_________________________

alright then...



White version

From: JordanRoss08
Tags:funny white honkey cracker crank dat soulja boi
Added: July 21, 2007
Views: 6,270,742

Amazing. A flawless performance by the 4'11" 35 year old in the middle. The metrosexual ghost on the right does a decent job, and the one on the left looks like a giraffe for most of the video.
Snap, Crackle aaaaaaaand Pop


There's also videos similar to the Winnie the Pooh "mash-dizzle", most notably a Lion King one with over 6 MILLION views, and a Spongebob Squarepants one with over 18 MILLION views - but they were just too corny to post. I couldn't even watch them all the way through, but if you want, you can see them here and here.













*on second thought, I am going to post the Lion King one. Reading the comments and profile of the girl who created it...it just all makes too much sense.

From: Inusha01
Channel Icon <----------- (awesome) Added: June 03, 2007
Views: 6,036,121

About the Video: FIRST OF ALL I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT HOW THE SPONGEBOB ONE IS BETTER OR HOW THE WINNIE THE POOH ONE IS BETTER OR HOW ANY OTHER SOULJA BOY VIDEO IS BETTER ALL RIGHT! I MADE THIS FOR FOR FUN NOT FOR A FREAKIN' COMPETITION! ANY SUCH COMMENTS WILL BE REMOVED. THANK YOU! Btw I this video only took me about 1 hour to make and I did while I was on Summer Vacation from school.
Program Used:Windows Movie Maker 2.0

*I'm pretty sure I went to High School with this girl. She was the little one in the back who was really quiet but is seriously the only person I know who could draw a unicorn in shining armor attacking the Princess from Super Mario, in 3-D, from the perspective of a cloud.


Name: Danielle
Age: 20
Well first off I'm a girl and I'm really 18 years old but youtube messed up my age so that's why it says I'm 20. MY B-DAY IS ON NOV. 28!!! I'm a very big Naruto, Naruto Shippuuden, Inuyasha, Avatar The Last Airbender, and W.I.T.C.H. fan. I got my user name from a fantasy-made Inuyasha character that me and my twin sister drew together, and his name is Inusha because he is the make believe little brother of Inuyasha. ^^ My favorite video games are the Kingdom Hearts series.You can tell when I make an AMV because I put the title of that anime it was from at the end or the beginning. In my spare time I like to read Naruto manga in Shonen Jump books and write Naruto,The Lion King,and Kingdom Hearts fan fiction and play video games or watch anime on TV. I'm very outgoing and I talk so much that its hard for me to shut up lol! Video Game Consoles I usually play at home are:

AMV evidentally stands for Anime Music Video, I had to look it up. It also stands for your a big fucking nerd.

No comments: